Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valentine Decor For Your Home

Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Have you ever wondered why people decorate for Halloween using skulls, spiders, ghosts, scary stuff,etc, but most do not decorate for Valentine's Day? When Valentine's Day celebrates Love shouldn't that be just as big as a decorating holiday as Halloween is?? Actually I think it should be BIGGER! After all the #1 commandment is to love one another!

So upon thinking of how to decorate the home for Valentine's Day I turned to etsy to check out what handmade goodness I could find.



How about these vintage Valentine's cards...how cute would these be framed?? I'll answer for you...it would be amazing!



You can find the vintage valentine cards here...





Who said you can't add some love to the bathroom? Not me! These heart shaped soaps would be terrific in a bathroom. By the sink or by the bathtub.



You can find the heart soaps here...



How cool would it be to write a love note and have it made into a pillow? It would be So Cool!



You can order the postcard pillow here...




State your love on pillows!


I love this one below!


You can order these pillows here...




Ok and upon searching etsy I realized I had something on my etsy site that could be used as Valentine's Day Decor. So here is my offering and my shameless plug.






Hope I inspired you to decorate for Valentine's Day! Now head on over to etsy and see what you can find.



Darlene

5 comments:

Kristens Creations said...

I've never though of that...about Halloween. Why don't we decorate more for Valentine's day? I never have...mostly because I have worked in a flower shop in the past and did not care to celebrate that dreadful day!lol...My back would hurt and I would be to tired to even go out and eat! Next year I might be working again, so I better not gripe too much. hehehe

I will be posting a few Valentine items I recently made for a client. Also, my friend came up with something cute I'm going to post too. Have a great night! Kristen

Jeanette said...

What cute things. I am new to etsy but have enjoyed the things I have purchased.

Andi's English Attic said...

I have a letter written by my grandad to my nan just before they were married. What a fantastic idea it would be to have that on a cushion. You've given me something to think about. xx

FrouFrouBritches said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vintage valentine cards! I'm gonna have to make me some cute pillows like that.

Anonymous said...

Very cool ideas! Now if only all my Christmas stuff was put away! I just noticed I left 2 ornaments on the wall by the stairs. Sigh! :)

The Family

The Family